Thursday 17 May 2012

Exam time


"Exam stress"

As many of you are aware, whether it be due to a deteriorating social life or a stack of half open, dribbled-on textbooks slowly corrupting every available surface in your bedroom, the exam season is well and truly upon us. Having considered all of the seasons that I could think of, I have come to the conclusion that exam season is probably my least favourite of all. It's long, it's stressful, and it turns fairly normal citizens into strange, page-number quoting lunatics. Kissing revision notes? Crying in the middle of the night? We've all been there. And it's pretty soul destroying.

I cannot beat around the bush. I am by no means the wisest owl in the treetops when it comes to dishing out exam advice. I am, after all, the same man that mind his business. During my first year in varsity my dear friend Nkosiyapha was so utterly horrified by my inability to digest even the simplest point of a year's worth of study, that I'm pretty sure he called me an 'absolute f*cking moron'. I'm pretty sure he was right. Woops. As if this isn't enough to have on my conscience, I am also the same man that woke up in a wild panic about an exam I was sitting that morning, only to realise that I was late. The whole exam late. Double woops and bugger.

Somehow, however, it hasn't all been a hideous mess of awkwardness, and I have managed to sit me some exams and achieve the occasional good grade here and there. And where I haven't, I've learnt a good few lessons. So here is my advice: you fail to plan, you plan to fail. There is no luck in the exam room, but to apply what you have studied.

No comments:

Post a Comment